COURSE NUMBER: MT-07
The important difference between management and leadership in the 21st Century is how to discern what’s really going on inside and outside your organization. Unfortunately, many organizations make the mistake of thinking good management is the same as effective Leadership. But even the most successful organization will eventually fail if it lacks effective Leadership.
This training shows participants the critical importance of being more than a good manager and gives them the tools to look closely at themselves and the organizations within which they operate, in order to find new ways to achieve both personal and organizational success.
1. The Lessons of Great Leaders
- Finding a “new“ definition of Leadership
- Leaders and Managers in Organizations
- Develop a Personal Leadership Plan
2. Explore the “Art” of Leadership
- Use Visioning To Know your Business
- Find Problems before they Find You
- Plan more Effectively
- Exceed Objectives through Forecasting
- Use Focus to Find the Issues that Really Count
- Lead from the Front, the Side, or Behind
- Build Effective Strategic Process Maps
- Guide the Team
- Use Tone to Create a Culture of Success
- Reduce Stress and Increase Productivity
- Build Interdependencies
3. Understand the “Science” of Leadership to effectively use The Leader’s Tool Bag
- Personal and Organizational Drive – What Motivates?
- Making Results Happen – Teams and Leadership
- Agreeing to be Accountable – Delivery with a Smile
- Empowering Decisions – Coaching, Mentoring, Developing
- Finding the Resources Within – Building personal creativity and problem resolution
- Anticipating Change – Using ‘What if?’
- Powerful Communications – Using Words and Gestures to Transfer Ideas
- Continuously Learning New Things
- Celebrating Diversity
- Living the Future Today – Using the Personal Development Plan
Who should attend
Mid-level Managers. Attendance is limited to 12 participants per session to permit the maximum interaction and practical experience.
4 Days – Two sessions of 2 days with 4 weeks between segments so the participants may evaluate concepts presented by the training and report back to the course on their ideas for changing the future operating paradigm.