Problem Solving And Decision-Making
COURSE NUMBER: MT-10
This Problem Solving and Decision Making course is designed to develop individual skills for analyzing a problem and determining the root cause. It will also highlight some of the traps that hinder good decision-making, and demonstrate methods that will help participants to make decisions that satisfy objectives. The participants work in small groups to put into practice the processes that have been taught.
The training will provide the structure and skills needed to:
- Improve individual and group productivity.
- Develop a proficiency in analyzing and solving complex problems and making decisions.
- Develop an awareness of some decision-making traps.
- Make effective decisions in less time.
- Develop skills in applying disciplined techniques to organize information for problem solving, decision making and results planning.
- Control and direct creative and imaginative development of possible courses of action.
- Ask relevant and specific questions to avoid wasted time and effort.
- Contribute to overall organizational planning through sequential, systematic thinking.
- Classifying the Problem
- Defining the Problem
- Specifying the Answer to the Problem
- Deciding what is “Right” rather than “Acceptable”
- Developing a Plan of Action
- Testing the Validity and Effectiveness of the Decision
- Decision Making Traps
- Analyzing Data to make the Best Decision
Who should attend
Managers, team leaders and technical staff
Good knowledge of the course language (written and spoken) and some experience of complex issues in a business environment.
English, French or German